Thursday, May 17, 2007

Quick Update

Hey everyone! Just writing to let you all know I am alive and kicking, though seriously busy right now. Things are going well and I have had some awesome chances to share with people lately about the Lord. I also was blessed with the chance to take a 3 day tour of Transylvania last month with Nick and the director for Wycliff Bible Translators in Hungary. I intend to send a full update soon, but am beginning a six week period where I will again be leading the fellowship in Eger in Nick's absence. I hope you are all doing well and staying strong in the Lord. Please feel free to write me and let me know how things are going. I may not answer right away, but I will attempt to as soon as I can. Here is a short prayer list for those who are interested:

* Guidance, endurance, and wisdom for the next six weeks as I manage things in Nick's absence
* Good health in this allergy season. (I usually have a hard time this time of year)
* Protection from enemy attacks in this time of vulnerability
* Protection of the body here in Eger against the many cults and sects attempting to steal the truth away from them
* A team from Vajta, (led by Nikki Harro,) will come for an outreach on April 13th-15th. Please pray that we will be able to organize everything well and that the event will reach people for Jesus

Some praises:

* Rémy has heard the gospel and is responding well. Pray that he will commit himself to the truth and pursue it
* We have begun renting an office space in the building where we hold our meetings. This is a huge blessing and we are really excited about the possibilities.
* There have been even more people beginning to come to the fellowship and many more already within are growing strong in their faith
* My Hungarian is continuing to improve. I am now enjoying attempting to witness in Hungarian on our weekly witnessing outings. Please pray that this would continue and I would begin to be able to accurately communicate the Gospel to those who are willing to listen.
* We have begun translating songs from English into Hungarian and the translations are going great. We are hoping to continue translating and have begun circulating the songs to local Calvary churches.

I have also attached some pictures from the past month.
Picture info:



A church fellowship night out. Rémy is to the left. He has begun to attend Thursday nights regularly and is really enjoying the company of the church members.




The first couple married from CC Eger during my time here.




The Egri worship team




Myself, the director for Wycliff Hungary, and a CC missionary in Romania enjoying the mountaintop view of the city of Cluj.




One of the castles in Romania I was able to visit.



God bless you all and thanks again for your support!

In Him,
Shane

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Shane... it's good to see you over at my blog... I am glad everything is going so well for you.