I had another such moment today. The dealership for our car brand was sold to a private party recently and they have been offering free inspections to everyone who was on the client list. We had our car serviced there once and inspected just after we bought it so they invited us to come in. The guy who called spoke English so I understood everything and made an appointment to drop the car off. I dropped the car off this morning and when I came in an hour later to pick it up, I tried to understand what they were saying in Hungarian. It went pretty well, but one part I just didn't get. I asked if they could explain it in English and he called over another guy to translate. He didn't know how to translate it either so we worked it out over the next 10 minutes that something is wrong with the steering assembly, but nothing too serious or costly. So, I decided to wait a bit as we are in the process of replacing our old windows for winter, but the guy asked me where I am from and
what I am doing here. I had been thinking about how I wanted to see if the guy would be interested in me coaching his English, so I mentioned I teach English and that I am starting a church in town. He asked some questions about the church and seemed really excited. He said "That's great! I believe in Jesus too!" He asked for my information and the website for the church. Maybe he will come to church, maybe he will just be a good contact in the city. Either way, God is good and really surprised me today.Marianna told me later that this sort of thing is very rare here, but it seems to happen to me a lot. Praise the Lord! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment