I would like to share a bit of my testimony with you so you know how this calling came to be. I first received Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior in July of 2001 while attending Calvary Chapel San Jose. In 2002, I took part in a mission trip to Debrecaen, Hungary and found my heart being knit to the people there. I returned in August of that same year to attend Bible College for one semester in a small town called Vajta. Due to fiscal reasons, I had to return to San Jose four months later. Since then, the Lord has placed a burden on my heart to return to Hungary as a full time missionary and servant. My desire was to return immediately, but the Lord had me wait for a period of time. During that time, the Lord has been preparing me and growing me spiritually for that ministry.I have been asked to serve as a worship leader, teacher, and administrator. My hope is that the Lord will lead me in showing the people what it means to truly worship and praise the Lord in spirit and in truth. My goal is to assist Nick in raising up leaders in the body through prayer, study, discipleship and mutual accountability. My heart is to avail myself to the leading of the Holy Spirit and to minister to those around me as directed. I hope is to see the whole body in Eger actively using and practicing the gifts God gave them and witness the winning of a town for the Lord in Eastern Europe.
Eger is known as “the town of churches.” It is the seat of the Archbishop of Hungary and acknowledged as one the most beautiful towns in Hungary. Eger remains in much of it’s Middle Ages state and has a rich history with the Roman Catholic church. Because of widespread economical problems in 1945, the Catholic church bought the majority of the town, which while it does lend itself towards a beautifully maintained city, it does create a difficulty in establishing a non-denominational church.My financial needs are modest as the cost of living in Hungary is extremely low. Unfortunately, it won’t be possible for me to earn an income while there. Below you will find an itemized list of anticipated expenses.
Expense Amount
Rent $125.00
Utilities $125.00
Food & Transp. $175.00
Tithe $070.00
Taxes $105.00
Emergency & Medical $100.00
Total $700.00
If the Lord is leading you to join me in this ministry through a financial comitment, please let me know. My departure date is July 5, 2005. Support checks can be sent to:
Calvary Chapel San Jose
1175 Hillsdale Avenue
San Jose, CA 95118
Please make sure that any checks you send have written in the note area "For Shane Daniels." This will ensure that the money will come directly to me. Contact the church at 1.408.269.8331 if you have any questions on exactly how the finances work.During the time that I am in Hungary, I will be maintaining this ministry journal.
Thank you for your consideration and may God bless you richly!

1 comment:
Hey Shane, this is a really great blog. We're praying for you.
Post a Comment