Four weeks until go time and things are really moving along. I now have received commitments for about 1/3 of my needed support. The plane ticket is purchased and plans for the mission trip prior to my arrival in Eger are going well. The team is really energized and I just know God is going to do great things this year. Simon Hancock and Addison Beck are working on a mystery play using old English literature characters (Alice in Wonderland, Pinocchio, Tom Sawyer, etc.) Juan Gutierrez came up with an awesome idea to help the kids build and paint wooden airplanes and then host a contest to see which one will fly the farthest. I received a package from Rick Oliver with three 1 hour presentations on evolution and the Bible. It's very informative and in depth. I am hoping it will help to promote the idea of free thought and unbiased inquisition of facts and theories. Mike Ishida will be leading this year’s guitar lessons and he’s really excited about returning for his second camp along with Cali Lopez.
Just last week I was blessed with the chance to take a vacation thanks to Hitachi's forced site closure. I spent the first few days up by Angel's Camp where my family has gone camping since I was little. Had an awesome opportunity to talk with my brother-in-law who is not saved. He was troubled by some negative Christian witnessing he saw and I spent a good hour talking with him about the grace of God and the truth of the Gospel. He didn’t make a commitment, but I did see his attitude about the faith change a lot. Both of his oldest daughters are now attending Christian schools. After that, I spent a few days with my Dad in Manteca. Unfortunately, my nephew was sick with the 24 hour flu and made sure to share it with us. It ended up being no big deal, but boy was I glad when it was done! After that, I went to Oroville to visit with my Mom. We mostly hung out at the farm and talked and ate. We did spend some time on some issues she has with the faith, but I really feel like she is starting to grasp more and more every time we talk. I also squeezed in some time with my uncle who lives in Auburn. Being one of the few practicing Christians in my family, it was a great to see him and talk with him about the trip. We even had a really great conversation about evolution and creation with my mom, aunt, and cousin. I was
really encouraged through it all and hopefully encouraged him in return. On the way home, I attended my step-grandfather's birthday party in Hayward and had the chance to visit with the extended family.The whole vacation felt so short, but God truly blessed me through it with both chances to serve, witness, exhort, encourage, and council my family. I also had plenty of time to rest. Now begins the preparations for departure. So much to do, so little time.
Personal Growth:
"Even so the tongue is a little member and boasts great things. See how great a forest a little fire kindles! And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity. The tongue is so set among our members that it defiles the whole body, and sets on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire by hell." (James 3:5-6)
It's amazing how quickly you can cause someone pain, (even if not intended,) simply by a word spoken without thought or consideration. I've always admired those who are able to control themselves, speaking only when it is necessary and always saying only what is needed. I only hope that someday I can better control my words and use them to help and encourage others rather then hurt or break them down. (Psalm 141:3, Proverbs 25:11)
Prayer Requests:
• God would continue to provide in His amazing ways.
• Help in preparing both my testimony and some studies for the stay in Debrecen.
• Wisdom in learning more Hungarian language and worship songs.
• My nieces, that they would listen to the Word of God and become strong women for the Lord.
• My unsaved family members to know the Lord.
• Safety and traveling mercies during the flight.
Ministry Calendar
July 5th : Departure Date
July 6th : Arrive in Debrecen
July 9th – 15th: English Camp in Debrecen
July 18th: Team returns home
July 20th : Addison Beck and I head to Eger
July 31st – June 6th : Eger English Camp
August 15th: Addison Beck returns home
December/January: Return to US for mission status update

2 comments:
Let us know if there is anything you need help with
by the way, I noticed that our blog isn't hyperlinked yet. the url is: http://nickandrosemary.blogspot.com
Post a Comment