Monday, July 03, 2006

July Update

Just two days left before the flight! It’s an exciting time and God is continuing to bless my socks off. It’s so weird thinking that I won’t be coming back or having to return to work in a few weeks. Probably the hardest thing right now is how many people I need to visit with and how little time I really have left. Also, how hard it is to try to fit in packing when you don’t want to neglect your friends and family.



So work wrapped up nicely enough. My replacement arrived on the 27th and we crammed two weeks worth of training into three days. It was intense, but God is good and I have faith that things will go well enough. It’s God who called me out of that position, and it’s God who is going to keep it running. One thing I have learned through it all is that you never know how much work you do until you have to show someone else how to do it. The hardest part wasn’t teaching the steps, but rather the theory behind the steps. Why I do this and why I use that. I’m going to really miss the excitement of seeing how the numbers turned out and if I was right in my forecasts. I’m also going to miss the people there a lot.The Hitachi GST building where I worked for the last 6 1/2 years

I’ve definitly been feeling the attacks of the enemy lately. The wierdest part is how it has been from totally random directions and in totally random ways. It’s really teaching me I need to be in prayer and seeking the Lord at all times, putting on the armor of the faith every morning. I’m still not the best at it, but I’m definitly learning to be better. The greatest thing of it all is God’s calling is shining through everything, making it all but impossible to let these attacks bring me down. It’s also kind of encouraging since we know that the enemy loves to beat on those who are doing something for God’s Kingdom. It’s like a big neon sign saying “You are going the right way!” Maybe Satan should just start making signs. Then he could save himself a lot of energy and still get the same message across.


The 2006 Plugged-In winter retreatAnother thing I have been really encouraged about is how God has really been growing the Plugged-In (18-30) fellowship at San Jose. It’s been a while since there was a solid group there and it’s great to see my brothers and sisters stepping up and leading. I’m actually kind of sad to leave because the group is getting really solid and I know I’m going to miss the things I am used to now. Hanging out at John’s and playing guitar hero, Justin sharing the word, Bethany or Andy singing some awesome worship songs, Josh being a goof ball, and rounding everyone up for another night at Baker’s Square. It’s just so refreshing seeing everyone filled with the Spirit, praising Jesus, and having fun. I hope I can come back and enjoy it some more on my short stays in San Jose.


Lastly, some great news on the finances. I’ve reached almost 100% of my necessary funds! It’s so amazing how God works and how blessed it is to be called His child. Thank you to all of you who are committed to helping me, both financially and in prayer. I couldn’t do this without you and I know God will return the blessings two-fold! For you who are my prayer warriors, I can’t thank you enough. Your job is the hardest but know that I am so greatful for those prayers. Don’t loose heart and don’t be afraid to let me know if there is anything I can pray for you in return. You are all as much my ministry now as the church in Eger is.The baptism at last year's English camp in Debrecen

Well, that’s all for now. Must get back to packing and preparing to leave. God bless you and may He keep your feet from stumbling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
Excellent update on July. Bring on the August update!
Hajrá Sanyi! Szabadítsd ki Brigit! Húzzunk bele!
I love exclamation points!