Wednesday, April 02, 2008

December Quick Update

Hey everyone!
I am finally getting back into the swing of things here in Eger again and wanted to share with you all some things coming up in the near future. First, we will be holding a kid's day this Saturday with the hopes of helping some of the youth in town come to know Jesus as well as help parents to become more comfortable with us. Please pray for a rich time for the kids and lots of energy for Judit Poczok who will be the leader of the event. Next week marks the week before Christmas, but it's business as usual for us. We will be having our normal Wednesday and Sunday services, then doing a special Christmas morning service on the 25th. This is a great time for our fellowship to introduce new people to the church, so please pray for open doors and willing hearts. Also, I am having to learn completely new songs for the event, all in Hungarian, so please pray I can learn them in time and be able to sing them without any mistakes. I don't want to be singing thank you Jesus for giving me new apples or something silly like that. After this, we will be taking some time off for the holiday, but maintaining our usual Sunday service. We will also hold a progressive dinner on the 31st to help celebrate the New Year. Please be praying for these events as they tend to be the hardest times for people to be alone. Maybe God will use us in these times to speak of Him, so mostly pray that we are open to sharing and have eyes to see those in need of Him.

There will also be some really exciting events on the horizon for the new year. On January 5th, we will be joining with another church for a time of worship and fellowship. This is the first event of this kind in Eger and we are really excited about the chance to show the town that the church of Christ is not as divided as it might seem. Please pray that God is glorified and that both churches feel free to worship and fellowship on this day. On the following day, we will hold another church meeting and will elect another person to the position of elder. Please pray that as many as possible attend the church that day and that God guides us in the election. On January 11 and 12, there will be a church ski trip. Please be praying for safety for those who attend. Lastly, we will hold our second annual church winter retreat on February 8-10. Last year was a really great time of getting to know each other and deepening our faith in the Lord. Please pray that everyone can come and will enjoy the time of rest, fellowship, and sitting at the feet of Christ

I also wanted to thank all of you whom I was able to meet with for a great trip home and so much encouragement. It was really refreshing to be able to share with many of you all the great things God has been doing out here. I know I was not able to meet with everyone, but I hope that I can call those I missed over the next few weeks and wish you a Merry Christmas. Also, my heart is that some day, each and every one of you would be able to see for yourself the lives that are being invested in out here and the work God is doing. I know it is not possible for everyone, but God can do amazing things, so it never hurts to pray. That is all for now. I pray each of you have an amazing and blessed Christmas. Never forget that we celebrate the greatest gift of all this time of year: the gift of salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ. May we all be blessed with the chance to share that gift this season. God bless and Merry Christmas everyone!

December 15: Kid's Day (10:00 - 16:00)
December 25: Christmas Morning Service (10:00-13:00)
December 31: Progressive Dinner
January 5: Worship Fellowship with David's Heroes Church
January 6: Election of new elder
January 11 - 12: Ski trip
February 8 - 10: Church Winter Retreat

No comments: