Hello everyone!
I once again am sorry for not sending an official update yet, but I wanted to let you all know I am still alive, doing well, and the work here in Eger is continuing and bearing fruit. It's been a tough few months with the holidays, preparing for the church retreat weekend, and now keeping the church running in Nick's absence. On top of this, I have started a teaching job to help cover the increased costs. It seems like every year things get more and more expensive here and this year has been no different. It continues to amaze me how most families can make things work here in this environment of financial burden. The job is a real blessing though. It is only 10-15 hours a week and it is pretty easy once you know what you are doing. However, it does make it harder to get everything done that needs to get done in the week. I am enjoying the classes though and the people are already starting to ask questions about the church and why I am here. I'm discovering that God is really opening doors to share through it. One part of my job is teaching children in a primary school which is teaching me a lot about patience and endurance. Please pray that I can keep from overloading myself with too much to do and that I won't neglect the important things of the ministry. Also, that God would use this to reach people for His kingdom.
Some really great things that have been happening in the church these past few months. For one, the church has elected one of it's members, Jani Hernadi, to be an elder. We are really blessed by this as he was originally saved through the church, has grown up in his faith through the church, and is now helping and serving in the church. This is exactly what the leadership team's vision is and it's really exciting to see God working it out. Also, last month we held a church retreat weekend that was a blast. We went to a town about a half hour from Eger and stayed in a motel like place with a shared kitchen from Friday to Sunday. It was a litteral mountain-top experience as we were on a mountain and God really did a work. The assistant pastor of Debrecen (also the head pastor in Nyíregháza) came and shared with us from the Word. This was a blessing for Nick and I as we were able to be ministered to as well. However, like every mountain-top experience, it was over all to soon. Now, our prayer is that that time on the mountain top will continue to strengthen and encourage the church as they now go back to the valley and begin using that which God has taught them.
I also been having more opportunities to share Jesus with people lately. I forget how great it is to share the Gospel sometimes because so many people don't speak English here and my Hungarian is still not up to that level. However, every now and then, God really opens a door and I just become hungry for sharing once again. One of these people, Lela, is a regular attendie to the English Club. Her father is a Kuaiti muslem and her mother is a Hungarian who does not believe in any faith. Her parents are divorced and she now lives with her mother in Eger. She is not a muslem but has been raised in that religion's rules and regulations so she had many questions about Christianity and how it is different. This last Tuesday, I was blessed with the chance to explain the Gospel and how Christianity can eliminate the scales of Islam. That it isn't about doing more good then bad but about Christ and what He did. She is really interested in this and agreed to pray to God and read her Bible. She also is very interested in coming to the church. Please pray for her as she takes the first steps of faith and that she wouldn't turn back now that she is at the edge of accepting Jesus.
Lastly, on a more personal note, I mentioned last time that I have been blessed with a relationship with an awesome Christian woman. Marianna and I met at last summer's conference in Vajta and have been seeing each other since late October. We are really blessed with what God is doing in our relationship and are excited to see where God is taking us. I am many times overwhelmed by how much of a help-mate she already is to me and how encouraged in my walk I feel. I learn more and more about the love God has for me as I experience the love that God is growing in us. Please pray for us as we continue on the path God is laying before us; that we would continue to be faithful to God, each other, and that we would remain pure before Him. I look forward to introducing you all to her in person!
Thank you all for your prayers and support. Again, the work out here could not be done without you. Please let me know if there is anything I can be praying for or just let me know how you all are. I also am on Skype quite regularly during the week. If you are interested in chatting, you can look me up using my email as a search. I pray that God grows and develops each of you where you are and continues that amazing work that He is working in you. May He richly bless you and speak to you through His Word today!
Wednesday, April 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Write something new on here please!
Post a Comment